I totaly agree with the comments in the last post regarding the "fast tracked" staff used at the games. My house is actualy next door to the Athlete's village in Dalmarnock and when I say close I'm talking less than 20 feet away!!!
So as you can imagine we hard a front row seat to the daily pantomine or in their words "lockdown' I have never in just over 20 years sentenced to life in the security Industry (lol I love it really) seen an attitude of wet behind the ears staff like these guys arrogant, power obbsesed and worst of all unproffesional in my opinion and standards I have been taught to work by were totaly lacking or ignored i'm not quite sure which
A QUICK TOP 5 OF ACTIONS THAT IN THE END MADE MY NEIGHBORS AND MYSELF GLAD TO SEE THE BACK OF THEM
- 1 - 24 -7 noise from a small marquee errected within 10 feet of the nearest house. The guy who lives there is an HGV driver how actualy had to take time from his work because of lack of sleep so worried was he of being sleepy at the wheel and losing contol of his lorry
- 2- Offensive language really over the top by some guards like every other word in a loud thick accent this was in the sreet in front of women, children and our older residents, not nice!!
- 3 - rules changing for residents day to day causing the security frontline staff to become confused of their role, changing rules for the oppresion of the local residents, thats how it felt, honestly. It was at timnes so bad that if you asked a question to 5 seperate gaurds you got 5 different answers, my friend and I actualy did this and asked 7 guards the same question to ask forinformation on parking restrictions on event days. Only 2 staff gave the same answer, 4 where totaly opposing, and the classic answer from probably the scruffiest gaurd i have ever seen; lol; "I aint got A F******* clue m8 and I aint really bothered cause I aint F****** working that day. CLASSIC !!!
- 4 - Complete lack of customer service skills, fault in the training given maybe?
- 5 - Arrogant staff, bad attitude towards local residents and in a couple of cases quite aggresive towards people voicing thier opinions and complaints
This isnt hearsay, an exageration, sour grapes or made up. It is my first hand experience of clueless staff and management making local peoples lives misarable and resentful of the securitry in our area
My closing point. looking out of my bedroom window at 8.30am just about to hit the sack after a 12hr night shift I counted in or small residential street that cotains only 12 houses
- 4 x armed officers
- 6 x unarmed officers
- 18 x security staff
- and last but not least,
- 6 x "Traffic Marshals" a fantastic invention who as far as I could work out job consists of standing in bus shelters, smoking, eating and acting like overgrown school girls
THANK GOD its all over!!