If you are a professional teacher, you know the pain of looking for different ways in which you can get the best of your students without losing your cool.
At times, things might get out of hand. In such situations, you should read this post and keep calm.
Here, you'll find points that will help you become an effective teacher.
1. Address their concerns: With 5 minutes left in the class, it is a good idea to stop teaching and ensure that your students are on track with the syllabus. If there is something that bothers them, you should listen to their concerns and address them in the best possible way.
Remember that as a teacher; you might come across a number of issues. So, be ready for it and give them the answer they are looking for.
2. Group Discussion: Divide the class into various groups and give them a topic to discuss. Yes, this can make the class noisy, but we are sure that you'll find ways in which you will use the techniques to quiet the noisy class. Group discussion is extremely effective, and it will help you help them learn the subject and understand the point that needs to be focused on.
3. Give them time to be creative: While studying, students often fail to use their mind creatively. This is because they are engrossed in their studies that they do not have time to use their mind creatively. This is not a good thing, and we are sure that you'll agree with us on this point.
So, give them time to be creative. If they have blocks in their mind, help them get rid of it and we are sure that they will improve.
4. Journal Writing: It is one of the best ways to close a lesson. It helps because it provides an opportunity to the kids to express their thoughts in a constructive manner. A focus question will give them a direction to think about.
5. Add games to achieve your target: While teaching, things might turn out to be boring. If this happens, students will be disturbed, and it will be difficult for you to get the desired results from hardworking students. Adding games might just help you achieve your targets.
Think about it and we are sure that you'll come up with a number of unique and interesting games that will make your task achievable.
6. Take a break: As a teacher, many students are dependent on you, and if you are not in the right frame of mind, your students will suffer. So, it is okay to take a break at intervals and feel refreshed.