Qualification: BTEC Level 3 Award
This course offers a professional, accredited qualification to those who wish to teach a legally accurate, safe and effective course in self-defence. The system of self-defence we recommend is behaviourally-based and incorporates modern motor learning and performance concepts.
Candidates are free to develop and use their own self-defence methods, however.
3-Days onsite plus approximately 25 hours of online learning and workbook assignments pre-course.
The course covers:
1: The Law in Relation to Self Defence and Personal Protection
2: Health & Safety Legislation for Running Self-Defence Courses
3: The Workings of the primitive Stress Response
4: The Science and Psychology of Combat
5: Self-Defence / Unarmed Defensive Tactics
The physical skills portion of the course will include modern approaches to the short-term management of violent assaults, including topics such as:
- shortening Reaction Time by recognising pre-assault behaviour
- the primitive fight and flight response and associated fear response mechanisms
- the relationship between arousal, stress and performance
- How Reaction Time and Decision Making effect motor skill performance
- capitalising on the natural strengths of the body's survival system
YouTube Playlist of Feedback and Course Content:
Location: ScotlandBook this Course